SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#500426 - 08/25/20 08:28 AM Re: how "accurate" are onboard keyboard speakers? [Re: Bernie9]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Bernie, I never use on-board speakers on a job. I want to hear what they hear. I made sure I placed the speakers so I could hear them.
(on the side)

John C.

#500431 - 08/26/20 12:40 PM Re: how "accurate" are onboard keyboard speakers? [Re: Nick G]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The problem with blending the on-boards in with the PA is that you can sometimes get some weird phase things going, or emphasize certain mid-range frequencies which tends to lead you to adjust your mix for what YOU are hearing, not the audience.

But yes, it can work in a pinch if you cannot set up the PA behind enough, you just have to be super aware that you aren’t hearing what they are. And, like I said earlier, they are very unlinear... if you turn them up, you aren’t turning everything up equally, just one more thing to have to compensate for.

#500528 - 09/03/20 03:44 PM Re: how "accurate" are onboard keyboard speakers? [Re: Nick G]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
I’ve been helping a neighbor with her keyboard.

It’s a Casio CTX 5000. The quality of sound is very good I thought...especially for a less expensive keyboard

#500538 - 09/04/20 07:05 PM Re: how "accurate" are onboard keyboard speakers? [Re: Bill Lewis]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I am a home player, I have a Yamaha Sx900, and a Bose compact 1. I feel the Bose compact is too much for my studio room, yet I want a quality sound. Any ideas will be appreciated.

The smaller Bose at $599 each is a bit too much.
John C.

#500540 - 09/05/20 12:31 AM Re: how "accurate" are onboard keyboard speakers? [Re: bruno123]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By bruno123
I am a home player, I have a Yamaha Sx900, and a Bose compact 1. I feel the Bose compact is too much for my studio room, yet I want a quality sound. Any ideas will be appreciated.

The smaller Bose at $599 each is a bit too much.
John C.

Pop to your local pro music store as there are plenty of entry level studio monitors that will blow away the speakers that come with keyboards. (If you can’t get to a store then there are plenty of reviews on YouTube, but if at all possible listen to them live in a store yourself)

Bill

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online